3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 11:21 AM by osborne_graham

    SAM windows Update service Monitoring

    rohitsharma

      Hi All,

       

      I am trying to deploy a monitoring for Windows Update service Monitoring and I have deployed the Windows update package on one of the servers and Ran the commands mentioned in the article.

      Microsoft Windows Update

       

      But while testing I am not getting the desired results, instead I am getting the error attached.

       

       

       

      Can somebody help to resolve this issue, what could be the possible reason why I am not getting these updates except Service-Windows Update.

        • Re: SAM windows Update service Monitoring
          osborne_graham

          Open a powershell terminal on your poller and enter the following:

           

          Test-WSMan [DNS name or IP of the target]

          (eg. Test-WSMan 192.168.1.2)

           

          Do you get 4 lines of clean output or do you see any errors?

           

          If you see errors WinRM isn't correctly configured. If this test passes, make sure you are using the 'remote host' execution mode so the task is running on the server itself rather than from the poller.

          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: SAM windows Update service Monitoring
              rohitsharma

              Hi Osborne

               

              I have ran the command mentioned by you and i dont see any errors, still I am not able to configure the windows update monitoring.

               

               

              Please suggest!!

               

              Regards

              Rohit Sharma

                • Re: SAM windows Update service Monitoring
                  osborne_graham

                  That confirms WinRM, ports etc are fine. Did you make sure you were running the scripts on 'remote host'? If so, try running the following directly on the remote (eg. target) machine from the ISE and note any errors:

                   

                  function get-installedupdate {
                      $session = New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.Update.Session
                      $searcher = $session.CreateUpdateSearcher()
                      $result = $searcher.Search("IsInstalled=1 and Type='Software'" )

                      $result.Updates | select Title, LastDeploymentChangeTime
                  }
                  try {
                    $stat = (get-installedupdate | measure-object).Count
                    }
                  catch
                    {
                    Write-Host "ERROR: $($Error)";
                    }
                  $stat