This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Only individual assigned tickets showing up in Group Tickets

I'm seeing if there is a fix for this or if anybody else has experienced this.

I have a tech that is in a tech group with several other techs. However, when she logs in she can only see tickets assigned to her under group tickets, even though there are over 30 tickets in that group. I am a member of the same tech group (as well as a few others) and can see several tickets assigned to several techs. Is there a setting that is different between our accounts? Is this a bug of some sort? I've dug around as many settings I can think of/find and searched here for an answer but haven't found one yet.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• I've actually just noticed the exact same behavior in our setup (v12.5.1). The tech is a member of several Tech Groups and also is a Manager of at least one, yet doesn't see other tickets within those groups under 'Group Tickets', only the ones directly assigned.

I've verified the tech permissions and as far as I can tell everything looks as it should. That said... as an Admin it works for me, so I'm suspecting a seemingly unrelated permission is the key.

• Hello,

Do you have Locations/Location Groups set up?

If so, are the technicians in question assigned to the corresponding groups for visibility?

• I have the same issue.  In fact, oddly I just called sw support and Jimmy spend 15 minutes trying to hunt it down with no joy.   I am running 12.5.0 - Build #12.5.0.1257.  this has been driving me nutty and I need it fixed.  He opened a "case".  Will let you know if something comes of it.

• In our environment we use Locations and Location Groups. My account is not assigned to any locations, yet I can see tickets for groups that I am a member of. Based on the (limited and vague) documentation, Location/Location Group does not further filter the Tech Groups.

However... under 'Tech Permissions' we do not restrict by Location: under the 'Location Permissions' section 'Limit by Location Group' and 'Limit by Department Group' are not checked.

• We to have Locations and Location Groups setup where a tech is assigned to

a group of locations. My account is not associated with any particular

location or location group and yet I can see multiple tickets that belong

to the tech group I am a member of.

Zach Mather

Director of Technology | Pueblo City Schools

1920 Montezuma Rd. | Pueblo, CO 81003

Schedule a meeting | meetingbird.com/meet/zmather_pcs

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM, justin.gray@weldre4.k12.co.us <

• Any luck with support?

I was really hoping someone from Solarwinds would be jumping in with some suggestions emoticons_plain.png

• No response from solarwinds. It was supposed to be escalated but I have not received a call. I created my own custom search to work around the problem.  Its a pain to remember to run it each time but it works. 

As far as helpdesk, I kinda think I made a mistake going with it.. there seems to be very little future think going on @ solarwinds when it comes to web helpdesk.

• Yeah even we are waiting for the response