5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2017 12:31 PM by skymandc

Newbie Questions

skymandc

Hello all!

We'd like our tech to by default see the tickets assigned to them and the unassigned tickets.  Is there a way to customize the tech view to do this.

I'll have lots more questions as we go.

Thanks!

• Re: Newbie Questions
          pabely

The Tech will see whatever the Tech Admin has allowed them to see via Location Groups and Department Group membership and then which Request Types are allocated to which Tech Groups which the Tech belongs. If you are stuggling you might want to consider a free WHD starter training course which can be registered for on the Sw Portal at Virtual Classrooms | SolarWinds Customer Portal

skymandc

Thanks for your reply.  I understand what the tech is allowed to see.  What I'm looking for is what the tech will see.  The default seems to be all tickets assigned to him/her.

I can achieve this by running a query each time but was hoping to change the default.

pabely

If they arrive via E-Mail to the default Request Type specified in the Inbound Mailbox and they have viability of that within their Tech Group then they will see them.

fluffy midnight

Hello,

Changing the default view to what you're looking for isn't possible.

You can achieve what you'd like via a Advanced Search and saving the search with a Query, as you already know.

The two main views are My Tickets, which displays just the tickets assigned to you as a technician, the other is Group Tickets which shows all tickets that you have access to, which have the option enabled to show in that section.

I recommend submitting this as a feature request if this is something that you want, however you may not see this implemented for a while as they're working on reworking the framework before huge feature releases like this.