This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Windows Server 2008 R2 adding as node issue

Hi

Can anyone here help me regarding my issue with adding the Windows Server 2008 R2 as node, always a TEST FAILED result? We are sure that we dont have any issues with credentials, as it has same credentials as the other server that's already added as node. Really need your help guys.

Thank you very much in advance!

• Usually you can isolate it by looking whether :

1) communication lines are open, and

2) appropriate permissions have been granted.

It sounds like you're already done with # 2.

Can you check # 1?

You may want to install and launch a packet capture from the SolarWinds server itself.

Filter the packet capture to display and save only those network traffic that either came from or got sent out to the IP address of the Windows Server 2008 R2 machine in question. See if (1) the SolarWinds server is sending out WMI connection requests to the target machine, and (2) if the SolarWinds server is getting any replies coming from that Windows server.

Hope this helps.

• I would agree with ekis.....when I have run into that issue in the past, it's generally been connectivity...local firewall or some vlan that the poller didn't have access to.