This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Faulted state error on SWQL

when using aggregate funcitons on SWQL i get met with the following error.

The communication object,

System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionClientSettings'1+ClientSecurityDuplexSessionChannel[System.ServiceModel.Channels.IDuplexSesionChannel], cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

any help would be great thanks.

• Please post a query that yields this error.

• can be triggered by running a number of queries usually as they become more complex but for example the one you gave me  will also trigger it.

MAX(I.Traffic.InMaxbps) AS InMaxBps, AVG(I.Traffic.OutMaxbps) AS OutMaxBps 

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces I 

WHERE I.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp > GETUTCDATE()-30 AND I.InterfaceID IN ( 

SELECT TOP 10 T.InterfaceID 

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces T 

WHERE T.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp > GETUTCDATE()-30 

GROUP BY T.InterfaceID 

ORDER BY AVG(T.Traffic.Averagebps) DESC 

GROUP BY I.NodeID, I.InterfaceId, I.Node.Caption, I.Caption, CONCAT(YEAR(I.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp),'-',MONTH(I.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp),'-',DAY(I.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp)) 

• Sorry for the late reply - I lost track of this thread.

That query works for me if I add the "SELECT" at the beginning, though I know from your other thread (SWQL Complex query ) that you are on an older version of the platform - you might be hitting some bug we fixed years ago.

To get more details about the error, you can look in the SWIS log file: C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\InformationService\v3.0\Orion.InformationService.log