3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2017 4:44 PM by tdanner

Faulted state error on SWQL

loftyyy

when using aggregate funcitons on SWQL i get met with the following error.

The communication object,

System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionClientSettings'1+ClientSecurityDuplexSessionChannel[System.ServiceModel.Channels.IDuplexSesionChannel], cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

any help would be great thanks.

• Re: Faulted state error on SWQL
          tdanner

Please post a query that yields this error.

loftyyy

can be triggered by running a number of queries usually as they become more complex but for example the one you gave me  will also trigger it.

MAX(I.Traffic.InMaxbps) AS InMaxBps, AVG(I.Traffic.OutMaxbps) AS OutMaxBps 

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces I 

WHERE I.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp > GETUTCDATE()-30 AND I.InterfaceID IN ( 

SELECT TOP 10 T.InterfaceID 

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces T 

WHERE T.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp > GETUTCDATE()-30 

GROUP BY T.InterfaceID 

ORDER BY AVG(T.Traffic.Averagebps) DESC 

GROUP BY I.NodeID, I.InterfaceId, I.Node.Caption, I.Caption, CONCAT(YEAR(I.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp),'-',MONTH(I.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp),'-',DAY(I.Traffic.ObservationTimestamp)) 

tdanner

Sorry for the late reply - I lost track of this thread.

That query works for me if I add the "SELECT" at the beginning, though I know from your other thread (SWQL Complex query ) that you are on an older version of the platform - you might be hitting some bug we fixed years ago.

To get more details about the error, you can look in the SWIS log file: C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\InformationService\v3.0\Orion.InformationService.log