This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

find installed applications on node

Hi folks,

Please help me how to find the applcations installed in nodes which are monitored by SAM.

I am not able to find option to view...

• Have you tried using the Application Discovery feature? It will try to match application monitor templates to the applications installed on a node based on a list you select.

Or if you are simply looking for a list of what is installed on a server you could look at the Asset Inventory feature.

Application Discovery

Manage Asset Inventory

SAM Software Inventory (Node Details, Asset Inventory tab) feature - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

• I agree with jvb​. The steps you need in finding & discovering applications on nodes monitored in SolarWinds are in the articles he posted.

One angle I would to like to open up is that you may want to manually, instead of automatically, identify from your IT teams which applications they really want to collect statistics from, which applications they really want to be alerted about.

I've watched one of the SolarWinds Labs videos and learned that you may want to add monitors only for things that are actionable. If you run the application discovery, discovered that ServerXYZ has ApplicationABC and added monitoring data collection and alerting for it, ask "Will the IT teams who owns this app care to receive alerts and take action to fix them? Or will they just treat the alert email as noise and ignore it?"