This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can I create a Custom Poller w/ UnDP on table & create alarm on the first value

Hi All,

I have created a Custom Poller using UnDp and it returned a table of which ONLY the first row has a value in it - all other rows are blank.

I am interested in creating an Alarm on the value that I am getting.

Tried with two methods with no luck so far:

First: Creating a Custom Node poller using the UnDP stand alone software and being able to get a table with the first row holding the value. I want to convert it into integer so I would be able to ask triggering conditions on it inside the alert. BUT, So far I could not find a way to transform the row value into a single integer.

How can I do that inside the UnDP Stand alone?

Second: I have been able to create a Custom Poller in the Web GUI and got the table with the first-row value. Then I have been able to transform Average rows into single value and got the result and manipulated it more to get the exact value i wanted and that was great. BUT, When I wanted to do an Alert i could NOT find the Custom Poller that I created from the Web Gui at all.

Is there a Special way to collect data from the Web GUI poller that is NOT the same as the UnDP Poller?

When I create a Custom Poller alert on a Poller made in UnDP I do it as follow:

• Create a Custom Node Poller
  • Choosing UniqueName and --> to the name of the UnDP Poller I created.
  • Adding another with the PLUS sign
  • Choosing Current Numeric value --> condition on this value returned.

When I do that it works ONLY on Custom Poller that I created with the UnDP. is there a way that I can do the same on a Poller I create inside the Web GUI?

Anyone have the same issues that I am having?

I would be happy fi someone can help me on that.

Thank You!

• What is that Poller that you are trying to create? Also if you can share some snapshot what excatly you are trying to achieve.

As far as an alert is considered, we can definitely do an alerting on a specific row a a column using "     Custom Poller Table current Status" alert module.

Check attached snapshot.

custompoller.PNG

• I was able to get an alert setup based on the values sourcing from a 'Custom Node Table Poller'.  What I am stuck on now is how to trigger the alert based on a significant change to the 'Current Value' for each 'Row ID'?  If forced to, we could create separate alerts for each 'Row ID' by using a baseline value, but this would result in needing to manage a multiple of alerts when one alert could suffice for all by using a trigger on a delta in this case.

Alert Logic for BGP Peer Prefixes v2.jpg

• Thanks.

I have created the alert as you suggested BUT I am not sure How to get the alert from it.

Here is how I configure the Trigger:

And I want to get Alert when the Voltage is getting lower then 2700mV.

I have configured the Action as follow:

AC Power Utilization is ${CurrentValue}

</br>[ Alert <b> ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName} on  ${NodeName} </b> at ${N=Alerting;M=AlertTriggerTime;F=DateTime} ]

And when I do Simulate I am getting this:

I used to simulate on a Custom Poller Node and I got the name of the Poller and the Node it is assigned to. But now I am getting numbers - assuming that these are the column headers that I want to test the Table Poller with I have chosen the voltage and made the simulate with - This is the name of the column header I created in the table poller when I did it on the UnDP. So I assume that it is the RIGHT one to test with.

But when I do the simulate I am getting this:

pastedImage_3.png

Why?

Please assist. I want to be able to send the value of the Row and I am not able to.

Thank you.

• Here is the SWQL:

SELECT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName]

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerStatusOnNodeTabular AS E0

WHERE ( ( E0.[CustomPollerAssignment].[CustomPoller].[UniqueName] = 'DataPower_RaiBattaryVoltage' ) AND ( E0.[CustomPollerAssignment].[Node].[CustomProperties].[Department] = 'datapower' ) AND ( E0.[RawStatus] <= '2700' ) )

I am trying to show in the alert the value checked with 2700 of which is the RawStatus.

${CurrentValue} Is NOT working.

Thank You

• I am getting unable to confirm transform read KB article 4779 - With no success.

It might be something wrong with the way I have built the Trigger. I based my trigger on the example you provided and hopefully, it should work.

When I do the test on the voltage I am getting transform error - It that because the poller is still in Table mode?

please advise.

• I have been able to resolve the issue I had - it looks like I had a bug in the poller - recreated the Poller and everything went well.

I am wondering why I needed to recreate the Poller?

Thanks.

I have a question regarding the Table polling - How can I read two values and create an alert on each?

I want to be able to read a table of 10 values and alert on each and every one of the values returned - Meaning creating an alert for each one?

Since they are in different rows that I can't do the same as I did now. there is no Current Value - there is row[index].currentvalue or something like that.

Please advise

Thanks so much for your help and support.

• Try put conditions based on the Row ID, Row ID is unique for each table entries on UnDP.