2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 8:53 PM by bambarit

Bandwidth report

bambarit

Hello, anyone know, how to make report for show how many times if bandwidth traffic is 0 ?

thank you

• Re: Bandwidth report
          mesverrum

Here is one way to do it, I would probably build it as a custom SQL report because there are a lot of little tweaks I personally would want to do but this gives you a starting point:

Create a new report with a table, when it asks for the datasource select Interfaces and use the advanced selector to find the interface traffic history table and look for total bytes, then set that to = 0.  Now it will grab every timestamp where total bytes was 0.

On the section where you pick the columns you want I would just use interface FullName and Interface Traffic History/Timestamp

Change the Data Aggregation field to a count, and rename it so it makes more sense, I used # of polls with 0 traffic.

This is what you get

So in my environment I know that interfaces are polled every 9 minutes, so I could ball park that and say this interface had 0 traffic for 1713*9/60/24=10.7 days out of the last 30.  In SQL I would probably just convert this figure to a percent and have the report look up the polling interval of each interface and calculate this all for me so I don't have to use my brain but you wouldn't be able to pull that off using the GUI.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Bandwidth report
              bambarit

ok thank you for help, and I want to know, can it show time when it reach 0 Kbps?

so we have a history table like

sample

Interface Name  | Time (per/hour) | Count

A     | 08:00 AM     | 20

A     | 09:00 AM     | 10