0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 8:57 AM by mattwisner

NPM 12.1 - How to access custom node/interface properties when evaluating poller formulas

mattwisner

Hello,

I am trying to setup some custom gauges in my SolarWinds dashboards and need to access custom node/interface properties in my poller's formula.  I have checked the NPM Admin Guide, to no avail.  THWACK does have an article from April, 2009 (see below), but when I try this and TEST in "Transform Results Wizard" I get an error "Object reference not set to instance of an object".

Is it possible to access custom node/interface properties when evaulating poller formula?

Thanks in advance,

-Matt

---------------------------------

ceige

by ceige on Apr 6, 2009 5:02 PM

Ok so this one is a bit tricky but it can be done...  The first thing you need to do is create a new Universal Device Poller that will return a numeric value.  I chose ifNumber (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1).  Assign that to your node but dont store history or add any web display.  Next create a new transform and for your formula enter

{ifNuber}+${Nodes.YourPropertyNameHere}-{ifNumber}

Assign that to your node and add it to the node/interface details view as a guage and it should show you your custom property value in a guage.