This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I update an application template from content exchange?

How do I update my existing templates with new version from content exchange?

The only option I see is import which imports a new template with the same name and (1).

• Just taking a guess here as I don't have anything published on the exchange.  Do you have the ability to go in and edit your previous post where you uploaded the older version?  i have noticed that some of the posts have a version number at the upper right and say last modified by whomever on whatever date.

• I am downloading the template from content exchange, not uploading it. 

So I find template, use the template, then later the template owner updates the template.  How do I get the template updated in my installation of Orion?

If I download it again it's a new template, and I would have to assign it the same nodes, then delete the old assigned one.  That would lose my history.

This would apply to the default templates too, for example I want to update the "Orion Server" template.

• Got'cha.  That's what I was thinking at first and then re-read your question and thought I was looking at it wrong.

You are correct that if you apply a new template, you will lose the historical data from the old after removal.  You only real solution is to take a look at the differences in the old and new version and edit your existing template to match.  This way you lose only component data and not the entire application.