7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 2:08 PM by tdanner

Orion SAM script or API - Display Custom Application Status results pulled by Power Shell using vendor API.

zeenyc

Hello Orion Experts,

I am trying to display application health status from an API feed. (Unfortunately we do not have access to the servers to install agents). I have a power shell script that works perfectly to pull the results using REST API returning the results in PS Custom Object as following.

Display_name       : ServerFQDN

host_address       : IPAddress

host_alias         :  ServerName

host_plugin_output : PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.25 ms

LastChecked        : 7/3/2017 3:31:00 PM

LastChanged        : 7/1/2017 4:31:01 AM

Status                   : Warning

perf_data          : 'Overall Disk Space'=102.27GB; 'Overall Disk Utilization'=18.3%;80;90; 'C: Space'=52.08GB; 'C: Utilisation'=86.9%;80;90; 'Data Space'=50.19GB; 'Data

Utilisation'=10.0%;80;90;

I have over 300+ Nodes to monitor. My goal is to display the Application name and status in Orion Dash board.

My question are following

1 - What will be the best method to display the node status in Orion dash board.  A- SAM custom monitor  or SWIS API?

2- Each scan results are different should I add all 300+ nodes to ICMP monitoring pool or if there is anyway i can add a custom property like Node name and status on the fly using any of the above methods?

3- How can I input data from XML/CSV or JASON in SAM Script editor,

4- If anyone has any power shell example or video showing how to attach custom scripts and output the results to dash bard will be much appreciated.