This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can I bring the DataPowerXG45 Perf. Best Practice monitoring to SolarWinds?

Hi All,

I have been working on a way to bring DataPower XG45 Best Practice to be monitored on SolarWinds.

I have worked with the IBM suggested monitoring values and thresholds and I have them ready at hand to be implemented in SolarWinds.

But.. I have several issues that I am not sure how to continue with..

in the Best Practice I need i.e. Power Supply failure of which is True or false on an alert no 0x0222001 and I don't have the MiB for it.

I have already downloaded the MiB files from the Appliance itself and there are so many there to choose from. I want to be able to use the Alert from DP can that be done? or there is a better way to get the EXACT MiB from the files I have downloaded?

The Power Supply is one of many actions that I want to monitor that I have ONLY the Alert from DataPower(DP) and not having the MiB itself.

I want to be able to monitor the X45 device using the Best Practice provided by IBM and make that on the one and only SolarWinds.

I would be happy to know what I need to do? how to tackle this situation and bring the actions to SolarWinds exactly as they were recommended by IBM on the Best Practice documentation.

In another part that I want to monitor I have a MiB like this:
dpStatusSystemUsageLoad that I want to make sure it will not go over 80% - How can I make it in the SolarWinds as an monitored action? Should I use Poller for that?

I would be happy if you can assist me with the above requests.

Thank so much!

Have a Great Day.

Eric TQC

• Eric, you posted this under the Database Performance Analyzer product. You'd likely want to post this under Server and Application Monitor or another Orion product that can do hardware health...

This product doesn't interact with OIDs and MiBs.