5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2017 9:06 AM by mesverrum

Query not working correctly

rmurphy1313

Here is the query i put in swql studio

SELECT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName], E0.[Node].[Caption]

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces

WHERE ( ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%Bundle-Ether%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%BVI%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%EOBC%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%Vlan%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%.%' ) AND ( E0.[OutErrorsDiscardsThreshold].[CurrentValue] > '2500' ) AND ( E0.[InErrorsDiscardsThreshold].[CurrentValue] > '2500' ) AND ( ( E0.[Caption] LIKE 'HundredGigE%' ) OR ( E0.[Caption] LIKE 'TenGigE%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'0 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'1 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'2 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'3 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'4 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'5 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'6 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'7 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'8 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%'9 ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] = '%BVI%'0 ) ) )

I get this error

Anyone have any suggestions that would help?

• Re: Query not working correctly
          mesverrum

I cleaned up some of what I assume were copy/paste artifacts or something, also you kept referencing the E0 table but never actually defined it, at this point it does execute in swql studio without errors, hopefully this is what you were looking for.  The where conditions results in no hits in my lab but there are so many bits in the where filter that I wasn't inclined to pick them apart to validate it.

SELECT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName], E0.[Node].[Caption]

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces E0

WHERE ( ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%Bundle-Ether%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%BVI%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%EOBC%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%Vlan%' ) AND ( E0.[Caption] NOT  LIKE '%.%' ) AND ( E0.[OutErrorsDiscardsThreshold].[CurrentValue] > '2500' ) AND ( E0.[InErrorsDiscardsThreshold].[CurrentValue] > '2500' ) AND ( ( E0.[Caption] LIKE 'HundredGigE%' ) OR ( E0.[Caption] LIKE 'TenGigE%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] LIKE '%Bundle1%' ) OR ( E0.[Node].[Caption] = '%BVI%' ) ) )

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            rmurphy1313

so here is the actual query that I am trying to trigger on an interface, Would you look at it and let me know if /what is missing.

mesverrum

So you are just looking for interfaces with rx/tx errors above 2500 and trying to exclude a ton of interfaces.  Don't know how big your environment is but I would suggest that maybe instead of having 20 conditions you just create a custom property on interfaces and tag the ones you care about.  Call it Critical_Interfaces or whatever makes sense.

rmurphy1313

My environment is very large. This is just one instance, the nodes with the names that start with the 3 letters are the only devices they want them triggered on for now. This is to trigger only on 10GigE and 100GigE interfaces on those devices.

My concern was that on the sas devices I see there is traffic but they haven't triggered the errors and I am not sure if they will, only because they are not as prone to those type of errors as the other devices are.

mesverrum

And thinking about it, you probably want to do an or condition regarding the errors, since you would very rarely have inbound and outbound errors going nuts at the same time