This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Attempts to SETUP SMART CARD (CAC/PKI) USER AUTHENTICATION

I have been attempting to setup my SolarWinds server to do CAC/PKI log in. I have followed the instructions in the document SETUP SMART CARD (CAC/PKI) USER AUTHENTICATION FOR ORION WEB CONSOLE. I was able to do everything and then when I reach the point where I do the SSL settings, I require SSL and require client certificates I start having problems. When I log in using the FQDN, I get the pop up verifying my CAC info and to put in my PIN. As soon as I go through that, it fails and I get an HTTP 403 error. If I use Accept client certificates, it goes through the authentication multiple times and when I ignore, it will verify against my CAC, then I will still have to log in. Once I am in, after about 5 minutes of inactivity, the page drops and I have to log in again. At this point, I have to close the browser to clear the cache and then try to re-access the site. Does anyone have any ideas? The only roll back is that I to not require SSL and then I can log in normally again.

Windows Server 2012 R2

16 GB memory

8 CPU cores

60 GB disk drive (OS)

100 GB data drive (SolarWinds)

Browser being used is Windows Edge