Set SolarWinds NPM thresholds
- When a metric reaches the specified Critical Level threshold on a node or interface, the node or interface will be displayed as bold red in resources and reports.
- When a metric reaches the specified Warning Level thresholds on a node, the node or interface will be highlighted in red in appropriate resources and reports.
- Flapping Routes use different colors when the thresholds are exceeded: red for the error threshold and yellow for the warning threshold.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console using an account with Administrator Rights.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Thresholds & Polling grouping, click NPM Thresholds.
- Provide the values for Critical Level and Warning Level for the selected metrics.See SolarWinds NPM threshold types for more information.
- For the Interface Percent Utilization metric, specify if you want to use average or peak daily values in calculations for capacity forecasting.
- Click Submit.
Monitored thresholds are changed on a global level for NPM
Ahh....I think submitting a feature request would be your best bet: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/community/network-management_tht/orion-network-performance-monitor/orion-network-performance-monitor-feature-requests
Meanwhile, you can get colorized text/ icons via fancy SWQL/ SQL queries. Perhaps custom properties assigned to interfaces/ volumes/ nodes could be part of this workaround.