1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 3:18 PM by tdanner

Dynamic Query filter for groups to exclude

jpkreger

I am trying to create dashboards filled with groups built out of custom properties. The problem I am running into is I have this custom property lets call it "DeviceFunction" and it starts with either AAA, AAB, AAC or AAD. I want to exclude the nodes with custom properties beginning with AAA. However when I try to use the "is not" feature it does not work. Regex is not supported. So how do I exclude those with custom properties that all represent the same application but at different locals so I want them on different dashboards hence the difference in the beginning of the custom property.

Example:

"DeviceFunction" DO NOT MATCH "AAA"

"Device Function" Contains "Lync"

In another group I want ONLY those that begin with AAA, which is supported and contain Lync. I hope this makes sense.

• Re: Dynamic Query filter for groups to exclude
          tdanner

Container filters lack the "not" operator. The the number of possible "DeviceFunction" prefixes is managable, you can exclude one prefix by just OR-ing together all of the others. Like this:

filter:/Orion.Nodes[Contains(CustomProperties.DeviceFunction,'Lync') AND (StartsWith(CustomProperties.DeviceFunction,'AAB') OR StartsWith(CustomProperties.DeviceFunction,'AAC') OR StartsWith(CustomProperties.DeviceFunction,'AAD'))]

If there are lots of possible prefixes, then building the filter expression this way will make it become huge, but it should work for a few at least.