This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Best practice for replacing technicians

We've had some technicians recently vacate their positions and will have replacements starting in a few days.   Is it best to disable or delete the original technician's account?  If I delete the account will their ticket history be lost?  

Or is it better to just rename the old technician account with the new technician's name to keep the ticket history?  

Thanks!

• Simply creating new Techs and either Deleting or marking the 'old' Techs as not "Active" would work just fine and shouldn't mess up any reporting or history.

If you delete them the records will still be in the database, but a field in the db will be toggled on for each particular Tech record  (i think it would be setting this field in the tech table like this:  IsDeleted = 1).

The references will still show the old Tech name but it may appear with a [D] after it (if it was deleted) or with an [I] after it (if it is just Inactive).