You might have hit the nail on the head with it needing to be on Volume properties. However I know I have reported on volumes before and been able to subsequently add in node properties on top of that.
Let me see if I can replicate the issue.
have you got screen grab of what your conditions are?
If that fails try...
(Nodes.d01_Customer Like '*dcf*')
Also try (d01_Customer Like '*dcf*')
with the *before and after.
Just ran a very basic report on report writer and added show SQL to get back the format in which report writer users...
I can see it auto puts % before and after. % and * are the same thing to solarwinds
Presuming that the custom property of "d01_Customer" is set up, try this
1=1 WHERE Nodes.CustomProperties.d01_Customer Like 'dcf*'
I don't really know what the 1=1 does but SolarWinds Support had me add it to this resource previously.
Well I've just found out why. I feel stupid...
If you expand List of Nodes. It says...
Properties that can be used for filtering Nodes are :
I'm guessing You are not able to use the same completely custom node properties like you can with other types of reporting, which is a shame.
Maybe start using something discrete like Description to filter customers out.
I do know an effective work around though if you're interested. Like me know and I can explain how
Yes, and hopefully I am astute enough to implement it.
I did see that, but had also seen that it should work on custom properties....no way for them to put that in the examples...but it becomes painfully obvious that this is the case.
In our environment we are a Datacenter that has about 35 distinct customers. Each wanting point specific reports.
Thanks for your assist.
Cool, its fairly simple, just didn't have enough time to explain yesterday, was leaving work.
First of all create a new Solarwinds account and limit the account down using d01_Customer customer property filed
Then select d01_Customer from here...
To be honest i'm sure i'm covering bits you know how to do.
Once the accounts limited to the individual Customer using the correct limitation re run that report on the new account and it will only show the devices the account is limited too.
Can you then scheduled reports to re and be emailed out from that account. Obviously check its working and limiting as it should.
Hope this helps