5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 4:22 PM by equalswql

Orion.Accounts/UpdateAccount PropertyBag

equalswql

Hello Orion SDK Community,

Happy Birthday THWACK!

Can anyone reveal the mystical properties of the "properties" propertybag argument of the "UpdateAccount" verb?

If possible in REST format? Also, (I'm not an expert with XML), is their a way to find this information through the XML namespace?

If there is, can you please illuminate me as if this information was available through the namespace, that would solve about 90% of my automation woes if I didn't have to bug anyone .

Thank you and have a great Friday,

=swql

• Re: Orion.Accounts/UpdateAccount PropertyBag
          equalswql

I believe I may have answered my own question:

SELECT EntityName, PropertyName, Name, Value, Type, DisplayName, Description, InstanceType, Uri, InstanceSiteId

FROM Metadata.PropertyMetadata

WHERE EntityName = 'Orion.Accounts'

Will test and see.

tdanner

Here's the list. Most of these are also properties of Orion.Accounts.

AccountEnabled

DisableSessionTimeout

AllowAdmin

AllowNodeManagement

AllowMapManagement

AllowCustomize

AllowReportManagement

AllowAlertManagement

AllowUnmanage

AllowDisableAction

AllowDisableAlert

AllowDisableAllActions

AlertSound

LastLogin

SummaryViewID

HomePageViewID

DefaultNetObject

DefaultNetObjectID

Expires

ReportFolder

AlertCategory

AllowEventClear

MenuName

ToolsetIntegration

GroupPriority

AllowViewCopCheck

NetPerfMon.VolumeDetailsViewID

NetPerfMon.NodeDetailsViewID

NetPerfMon.ContainerDetailsViewID

NetPerfMon.ActiveAlertDetailsViewID

NPM.InterfaceDetailsViewID

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  equalswql

Hello tdanner,

Thank you for that, I was using the following so far - do I have the syntax of the propertybag right? Or is this supposed to be in JSON format? Wasn't sure as sometimes the request expects XML string vs JSON.

[

"SOMEUSERNAME",

"<dictionary xmlns=\"http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2007/08/informationservice/propertybag\"><item><key>Enabled</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AllowNodeManagement</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AllowMapManagement</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AllowAdmin</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>CanClearEvents</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AllowReportManagement</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AllowCustomize</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AllowUnmanage</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AllowDisableAlert</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AllowDisableAllActions</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item><item><key>AccountType</key><type>System.String</type><value>1</value></item><item><key>AllowCopCheck</key><type>System.String</type><value></value></item><item><key>DisplayName</key><type>System.Boolean</type><value></value></item><item><key>Description</key><type>System.Boolean</type><value></value></item></dictionary>"

]

Getting the following response:

{

"Message": "Verb Orion.Accounts.UpdateAccount cannot unpackage parameter 1 with type SolarWinds.InformationService.Addons.PropertyBag",

"ExceptionType": "SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorException",

"FullException": "SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorException: Verb Orion.Accounts.UpdateAccount cannot unpackage parameter 1 with type SolarWinds.InformationService.Addons.PropertyBag ---> Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value \"<dictionary xmlns=\"http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2007/08/informationservice/propertybag\"><item><key>Enabled</key><type>System.String</type><value>Yes</value></item></dictionary>\" to type 'SolarWinds.InformationService.Addons.PropertyBag'. Path ''. ---> System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to SolarWinds.InformationService.Addons.PropertyBag.\r\n   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value, Type initialType, Type targetType)\r\n   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue, CultureInfo culture, Type targetType)\r\n   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)\r\n   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)\r\n   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)\r\n   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)\r\n   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)\r\n   at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorContext.<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<UnpackageParameters>b__0(Int32 index)\r\n   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n   at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorContext.<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<UnpackageParameters>b__0(Int32 index)\r\n   at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorContext.CreateParameters(Func`2 getParameterAt, Int32 parametersCount, Stream stream)\r\n   at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorContext.UnpackageParameters(JArray parameters)\r\n   at SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.InformationService.Invoke[T](String entity, String verb, Action`1 setupParameters, Func`2 extractReturnValue)"

}

Thank you,