This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWIS Fails when querying uninitialized Date/Time fields in NodesCustomProperties

I've run into a strangeness dealing with SWQL/SWIS.  If I use the following query in SWQL Studio, it works fine.  If I attempt to run the same query via SWIS (python flavor), I get a strange error.

I created a (Node) Custom Property called SLA_Sync_Time which is defined as a Date/Time custom property: not required, no default value.

Here's the (simple/sample) query:

SELECT TOP 10 NodeID, SLA_Sync_Time from Orion.NodesCustomProperties

When I run this in SWQL Studio, I get the 10 rows I would expect.

The python code looks like so:

import requests

import orionsdk

npm_server = '<server>'

npm_user = '<user>'

npm_password = '<password>'

requests.packages.urllib3.disable_warnings()

swis = orionsdk.SwisClient(npm_server, npm_user, npm_password)

sql = "SELECT TOP 10 NodeID, SLA_Sync_Time from Orion.NodesCustomProperties"

print swis.query(sql)['results']

This produces the following error:

requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Cannot set Column 'SLA_Sync_Time' to be null. Please use DBNull instead.

This is weird in that (a) I'm not trying to 'set' anything (so the message is particularly scary) and (b) it works in SWQL.

I have a few of these Date/Time properties, and all of them generate the same error.

What's the best work-around?  Set a default date (I'd rather not, as that puts bogus data in my DB)?  Update all of the fields to contain a DBNull (how)?