1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2017 2:18 AM by mohitonline

Mount Point Graph Display Question

biedrzyc

I have been asked to prove why an alert triggered.

I need to show that the alert triggered because it hit the threshold.

So what I need to do is show that it hit that threshold at the time and day that it did it at.

I search for the node and when it brings up that page I find where it would be located at and dig in to the exact time and date that it triggered.

Most of these are simple however this is one I have not run into yet.

The message for the alert that came up is: Mount Point HSWP-MBX14.nmh.org-E:\Volumes\NM-DAG01-VOL03 on HSWP-MBX14.nmh.org-(172.28.83.28) is at SNA: Mount Point HSWP-MBX14.nmh.org-E:\Volumes\NM-DAG01.

I am at a lost if anybody can give me any feedback that would be great.

• Re: Mount Point Graph Display Question
          mohitonline

It is very often, where we have to prove that the alert triggered is genuine.

For this case:-

Firstly see the time of alert when it was triggered.

Secondly check the retention period of data in database.

Go to Settings> Database Settings > Orion Polling Settings > Detailed Statistics Retention > default is = 7 days

Lets say:-

> If alert triggered time is older than the Detailed Statistics Retention default period then it may not be possible to get the exact graph or you can say spike when alert was triggered.

> If alert triggered time is not older than the Detailed Statistics Retention default period then you will definitely be able to see the spike at the time of alert triggered or threshold met.

Regards

Mohit

1 of 1 people found this helpful