2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 7:36 AM by bobmarley

Any way to export results from Network Discovery?

tlaplante

What we are trying to do is attempt to export the results of the devices found from Network Discovery into Excel. I know there is the option at the top of most SolarWinds pages that allows you to export to PDF, but in all reality all it really does is take a screen shot of most pages.

I have tried adding the extension at the end of the report URL to force it to download the report in Excel, but the page only comes up as not found after that.

I know this question has been asked in the past, but I'm hoping a fresh pair of eyes or possibly someone knowledgeable in SQL can help me make this report happen...

• Re: Any way to export results from Network Discovery?
          mesverrum

It's doable, you just need to figure out what you want to get out of there

This SQL query would get you basically all of the interesting bits, you can run it in the database manager and then export it to a csv and clean it up in excel if you like or you could do the cleanup in sql.

SELECT TOP 1000 *

FROM [DiscoveryProfiles] p

left join discoverednodes n on n.profileid=p.profileid and n.profileid=p.profileid

left join discoveredinterfaces i on i.discoverednodeid=n.nodeid and p.profileid=i.profileid

left join discoveredvolumes v on n.nodeid=v.discoverednodeid and v.profileid=p.profileid

left join apm_discoveredblackboxiisinstances iis on iis.profileid=p.profileid and iis.discoverednodeid=n.nodeid

left join apm_discoveredblackboxsqlinstances sql on sql.profileid=p.profileid and sql.discoverednodeid=n.nodeid

left join apm_discoveredblackboxwstminstances wstm on wstm.profileid=p.profileid and wstm.discoverednodeid=n.nodeid

left join apm_discoveredexchangeservers exch on exch.profileid=p.profileid and exch.discoverednodeid=n.nodeid

• Re: Any way to export results from Network Discovery?
            bobmarley

SELECT TOP 100 IPAddress, Hostname, DNS, MachineType, Vendor

FROM [DiscoveredNodes] p

Order By IPAddress

This will grab you some of the basics. The report mesverrum supplied works great also.