This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HTML/Javacript

Hi.. i want to create a custom view where i want to execute for example the query "SELECT  Name FROM Orion.Groups" under custom HTML resource and display the result from the query.

How can i get to display the database result under HTML code.

Also how can i connect to database and query the same result using Javascript and HTML. can anyone help me with a sample code ??

• Can I ask why u need it in java or HTML. Why not use swsql, Instead of custom HTML use custom query.

then insert your query, will be very simple but you can add to and change.

• i want to create a custom view using gif images and stuff.. i have created a view using sql query but it does not look that lively.. so i was trying to create and different type of view using javascript and HTML/CSS .. but i don't know how i can make a script execute a query using html or javascript.. any help or advice would be appreciated.

• Have you used network atlas yet, i know its not very user friendly but you can get images in?

Below was something i created with network atlas.

pastedImage_0.png

Or using swsql

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

I like using swsql better as you can create links and add images, we have a dba team who know sql which is very handy.

• Here is what i have created with sql query using custom query resource.

thwack.PNG

I want to create something like below or even better with background color or using GIF images and also want to  remove the custom query resource name. This i am not able to achieve just with SQL query

thw.PNG

• Looks good, I would try network atlas then you can add your own icons and i think you can get them to change just not sure if its the whole icon?

Or create your own html and pull/scrape from solarwinds? then add the source to solarwinds. when using links just remember to use from /orion...

• is it possible to move the columns from single row and display each column in different row ??.. for example keep the column "NAME" on top and move Columns "Health" and "availablilty" below just like my second image above. 

• If you were trying to reduce the space used maybe create a query for each app so you would get rid of the name column and just have the health and availability icons and change the title from mail server to email.

• Not to derail you completely from what you are working on using Atlas, as that is still probably the easiest way to accomplish what you are looking at, you can direct java queries toward the following address /Orion/Services/Information.asmx/Query

where you would use JSON formatting something like this

{query:'SELECT Name FROM Orion.Groups where XYZ'}

If you have a background in web dev then you might find it to be easier to do custom scripting than to work around the limitations of the Atlas program, but if not then I would expect Atlas is the more efficient route.

• hi mesverrum.. can you please help me with a sample code using the query statement in html or javascript to show the output of the query.. i am not good at coding .. any help would be appreciated.

• I'm going to go back to my earlier statement that if you aren't strong in coding to begin with then this is likely to be a much much slower process to learn than just building a few map layouts in Atlas.  If you are looking at it as a challenge and an excuse to expand your technical skills in a non-production environment then these examples should get you pointed in the right directions

Re: 1 Page - All interface Graphs Wanted ... Help me kill MRTG

Custom Sparkline Charts