This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can I search "configuration-summary" with boolean operators

Compliance reports tell us which network devices do not have a specific statement.

I know that I can use 'config summary' under NCM to see which devices do have a specific line .

I tried & failed to use the "NOT" operand of "!" (exclaimation point).

Is there a way to learn which devices do not have a specific line of code using the configuration summary tool.
(much faster than going thru compliance reports)

I needed to know which devices were not logging to one of my logging servers.

I tried to enter "  ! logging 192.168.1.200",, but that did not work.

Is there a boolean operand that will work in Config summary.

I do want to get some quick info as to which devices are missing standard configurations entries.

• Hey,

i have also tried what you did and cant use 'OR' 'AND' or use the pipe incase that worked.. but nope.. this sounds like a good candidate for a feature request id def vote up emoticons_happy.png

Realizing it didn't work.. i decided to make my own 'search' feature lol using SQL below, it simply check configures over the last 7 days and you can use boolen here.

SELECT n.Caption, ca.ConfigTitle,ConfigType,ca.Config

FROM NCM_ConfigArchive ca

INNER JOIN NCM_Nodes nc ON ca.NodeID = nc.NodeID --AND ca.ConfigType = 'Running' -- specify what config to search

INNER JOIN Nodes n ON n.NodeID = nc.CoreNodeID -- join nodes for caption

WHERE (ca.DownloadTime > dateadd(day,-7,getdate())) -- number of days to which you want to look for config

-- below is actual search config can be like anything with LIKE AND OR can be used to search..

AND (Config NOT like '%logging ver%' OR Config NOT like '%verbose%' )

--you can now also remore captions from the search

AND Caption not in ('node1','node2','node3') --AND (n.Vendor not like 'cisco')

let me know if it works for you.. i only threw it together over the last 15 minutes..