This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changing the component monitor name?

Hi,

I have recently added multiple Linux/Unix Script Monitors from the available default component monitors.

Is there a way to change the Component Monitor Name value for these as it is not very intuitive in the web console when three of these are under the same template.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

• The component monitor names are defined in the template itself. To change them you'd have to edit the application template. That would then propogate downstream to your individually assigned application monitors. emoticons_happy.png

Just keep in mind... that changes it for all assignments related to that template..

• While this answer was helpful as on revisiting the edit application option this time I actually noticed the rename button

A more helpful answer would have been go to edit the Application Template check the box on the desired Component Monitor then click the rename button.

• 1. Please click "Modify Template Settings"

pastedImage_0.png

2. After that, you can select the component and rename it.

pastedImage_1.png

• I see this on the Edit Application Template view, but what about on the individual application monitor?

Here's our use case:

I'm setting up the Oracle Database monitor. By default, the "Free Space in Tablespace" and "Used Space in Tablespace" component monitors are pointing at SYSTEM. I want to add more of these component monitors, and the number will vary by database. Ideally, I'd like each component monitor to say what tablespace it is monitoring, so you can see that info at a glance and without opening the individual monitor.

The plan is to use the "Copy to Assigned Application Monitor" functionality under "Manage Component Monitors within Templates" menu in order to do this in bulk.