3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 5:09 PM by stcain

WannaCry 2003 Patches?

ec-umass

Hi,
      Fairly new to Patch Manager. Trying to get the Windows 2003 WannaCry patches into Patch Manager. I don't see them, nor do I think they were published in WSUS. SO my question is is there a manual way to add the msu files? Or add these anyway other way?

Thanks.

• Re: WannaCry 2003 Patches?
          curtisi

The simplest thing is probably to make sure your WSUS server is synchronizing updates for Server 2003 with the Critical or Security classification.

TechNet has articles on exporting and importing updates from other WSUS servers, and I recently fixed my report for the WanaCry updates on THWACK: UPDATED - Computer Update Status - WanaCrypt (MS17-010) - v2

• Re: WannaCry 2003 Patches?
            stcain

Go to the Patch Manager server that you have WSUS installed on. Run the WSUS console,not the PM console. On the right side under Actions click on "Import Updates". This will take you to the Microsoft Update Catalog page.

Capture.JPG

Once at the Microsoft Update Catalog page enter the KB article for the 2003/XP patch, 4012598 and click Search. Select the patches you need by clicking on the Add button to the right. Once finished selecting choose View Basket at the top right of the menu.

Capture.JPG

Make sure the box is checked for "Import directly into Windows Server Update Serivces" and click on the Import button.

Capture.JPG

Once complete the patches will show up in WSUS just as if they had synced with the Windows Update servers and you can approve them for deployment.

2 of 2 people found this helpful