7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 12:24 PM by I LIKE EGGS

NPM Additional Web Server

tezdoll

I just stood up an additional web server and everything appears to be working. But, I am missing things that were in the main poller. There is http://mainpoller/orion/admin/default_orion.aspx and then to http://NEWServer/orion/admin/default_orion.aspx There are different items on each page. I was under the impression they would be the same. for example it is missing SAM. I have attached pictures for additional examples. Is there a way to get these options to appear?

• Re: NPM Additional Web Server
          Vinay BY

You would want to deploy an additional web server package on your Additional Web Server for each Orion component you have installed on your primary poller. The only exception would be for NTA, where it only runs on the primary. For example if you have NPM and SAM installed on primary poller, deploy those additional web server components on Additional Web Server. The reason being, the additional web server will only show you tabs for the additional components installed.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              tezdoll

I'm really new to Solarwinds. I am drinking from the firehouse. I just installed the NPM12.1 web server. I was thinking that would do more than it did. After I read the comments I installed all of the additional modules. Everything looks good now.

CourtesyIT

Did you install on a per software package or did you do it from Settings > Web Console Settings? 

Vinay BY

The update about NTA is based on older versions, I am not sure if it works now(i mean for the latest versions), give it a try. You will have to run SAM installer on Additional Web Server to get SAM settings, same is the case for other modules.

aLTeReGo

If you are running NPM 12.1 or later you should be using the Scalability Engines Installer to deploy your Additional Web Servers. It can be found under [Settings -> All Settings -> Web Console Settings -> Download Installer Now]

This will ensure the appropriate versions of all modules are installed on your Additional Web Server.

2 of 2 people found this helpful