This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMAN on Hyper-V Challenges

We are a big Hyper-V shop and I recently embarked on setting up VMAN and have had nothing but problems.  For starters the instructions for setting up VMAN on Hyper-V didn't work.  We run Hyper-V in a clustered environment and therefore use System Center Virtual Machine Manager to manage the environment; there are no instructions that take this into consideration.  I then decided to just setup a shell VM and attach the disks from the VMAN download, in doing this I found that the disks are the old VHD format and not the new VHDX format; I have also not been able to get this method to work.

I tried calling SW support on this and it immediately became clear that the support person had likely never seen a hyper-v environment before and he just kept deferring to the instructions that were not working.  He eventually pointed me to a THIS article about a known issue which was of no help as it still assumes I am managing my environment with Hyper-V manager not System Center VMM.

Has anybody else ran into these problems and what did you do to resolve them and get VMAN deployed?

Also, I would love to see SolarWinds beef up their instructions to be more current and include environments manged by SC-VMM, their disk images to be the more current VHDX's and their support guys to know about deploying on Hyper-V.