This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow Features/Deduplication?

We've owned Netflow for a while  and probably haven't used it as much as we should but it is a great tool.  I'm currently going through a security class and they're touching briefly on other vendors and also netflow in general.

Does Solarwinds Netflow support Flow Stitching, Flow Deduplication or NAT Stitching? The deduplication seems like a no brainer since we have netflow enabled on multiple devices up and down stream.

Thanks.

-Adam

• No I dont think it does flow deduplication (Im running a version behind the latest so I cant say definitively).  It doesn't even have out of the box alerts.   They did add NBAR2 monitoring that had been asked by the community for several years into the last release.  NTA is a basic netflow monitoring tool.  the alerting, flow deduplication, and IP Lookups to Security threat Event feeds you would expect in a NetFlow tool are not in NTA.  If you really require these features then you will have to look for them from other tools in your environment or look at another Netflow tool altogether, like Plixer's product line:

Plixer.com - NetFlow Without Limits

Hope that helps.