5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2017 8:09 AM by tindogk9

Assign to Level 2 Tech Group Directly?

tindogk9

Our setup includes automatic routing of tickets first to an on-site technician who can then change the request type and/or escalate to level 2 (centralized) support. The idea is that when end users submit tickets, they hit the Level 1 On Site support first for triage. All on-site techs are listed as Level 1 for every Tech Group to allow for this routing.

What I am looking for is a way to skip the Level 1 and assign directly to Level 2. This would be in cases where a technician is submitting the ticket on behalf of the client, or the triage step has already been done.

Right now, I am creating the ticket, it is assigned to the Tech group which because of config, assigns to the on site, then I escalate after saving the ticket. The downside is the on-site tech is getting first a ticket creation/assignment notice, and then an escalation notice.

• Re: Assign to Level 2 Tech Group Directly?
          adam.rohde

You'll need to use an action rule.

• Criteria - [Creator] [Tech] [is any of] [{select all techs}]
          • Action - [Assign to] [Tech Group] [{Select Tech group}] [Level 2]
              tindogk9

Excellent suggestion, I didn't think about that - it basically would make an exception for me as a Help Desk admin.

However, that looks like it would assign it to Level 2, when I should have said above, I'm looking for the OPTION to assign directly to Level 2 at ticket creation.

Am I reading that correctly Adam?

adam.rohde

True, that would automatically send all tech created tickets to level 2. The other option would be to add a single-choice custom field to the tickets, that is visible to Techs only. Make it something like "Auto-Escalate: {Yes}/{No}". Then build the action rule criteria around the custom field.

• Criteria - [Custom Field] [Auto-Escalate] [is] [Yes]
                  • Action - [Assign to] [Tech Group] [{Select Tech group}] [Level 2]
                tindogk9

Follow up after having this change live for a few weeks.

I am finding this not working consistently.  It will always escalate to Level 2, but it does not always make the Assigned Tech blank (thus assigning to the group) it will frequently keep the Level 1 Tech as the Assigned Tech but show it has been escalated to Level 2.

Problem is that I can't find this out until I have saved the ticket and the Level 1 tech gets the new ticket notification, then gets a reassigned notification.

Any thoughts?