This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Win 10 PCs on a Server 2008 R2 Domain

I've been trying to corral and control MS updates on our 400 or so PCs.

We have upgraded the PCs to Win 10 releases 1511 or 1607.  They seem to be ignoring many of the 2008 R2 GPO settings.

We are using WSUS V3.2.7600.274

Is my best or only option to upgrade the Server 2008 R2 to 2012 or 2016?

Thanks, Jim in Florida

• There are things you can't control on Win10 with a 2008R2 domain server, you'd be better off going with 2016 if you can, then you should see the Win10 boxes start to 'obey'

• Im not so sure thats true dang.  As long as you get updated admx files for the GPOs they work fine.  I have a 2008 R2 domain controller and it works great.

• Let my tell you i had nothing but issues getting WSUS and Path Manager to work on Server 2016.   I finally wiped it and went to 2012 R2 and its working like a champ.   No issues with my win 10 PC's and started working with the GPO right away.  Installed Patch Manager on top of it and presto, pushed a few updates out with PM and they took too.   I also have PDQ deploy on the same machine so i have one stop shop deployment machines.