2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2017 9:08 AM by bfbcnet

Zoom range in a Custom Chart?

i3scottw

I have a number of views created with "custom object resource" charts added to show bandwidth for various interfaces in our environment.   On these charts I typically set the "default zoom range" to 24 hours and the "amount of historical data to load" to 7 days and this works nicely.

For various reasons I have started looking into replacing the "custom object resource" charts with "custom chart" instead.    This seems to be a more elegant solution, however, I have been unable to figure out how to set the default zoom range on these custom charts.  If I set the time period value to 7 days the chart shows all 7 days by default.   It is possible to adjust the slider bar at the bottom of the chart after it loads to show a smaller amount, but this has to be done each time.

Is there a way to add a default zoom range to the custom chart, similar to what is available on the custom object resource?   I am currently using NPM version 10.0.14393.0.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

• Re: Zoom range in a Custom Chart?
          i3scottw

My apologies for bumping this.   I need to correct the version of NPM indicated in my question.    I am actually running NPM version 12.0.1.   I am still hoping to find a way to use a zoom range with a custom chart (similar to what I have always been able to use with the "custom object resource".''

Thanks,

Scott

• Re: Zoom range in a Custom Chart?
            bfbcnet

I have the same question. I've created a Custom Chart (several actually) and want it to initially display the last 24 hours of data, but then to be able to zoom out to see the last 30 days (or part thereof), and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. Loading 30 days by default can take a while when you have several of these Custom Charts on one page.

What I'm doing is aggregating several interfaces onto Stacked Colum graphs to give me an overview of traffic flow in certain parts of the network.

I'm running Orion Platform Version 2017.1.2, NPM 12.1.

Hoping there's an answer out there somewhere...

Regards,

Colin