12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 12:46 PM by llemieux

Different values in report writer and web report

prashant singh

Hi All,

I am getting different values in report writer and web based report.

Could some one please explain why ??

e.g : In below snapshot Avg Transmit bps is quite different for test interface.

reportWriter.PNG

webReport.PNG

Thank you.

Prashant

• Re: Different values in report writer and web report
          aLTeReGo

The difference is that the legacy Win32 report writer is rounding up. Web based reporting is showing the five most significant digits.

llemieux

Just so you know, you're not going crazy. I too have also noticed this, but just recently. I have monthly availability reports being generated via SolarWinds and just so happened to notice that my percentages were off this month.

It turns out that when I run the Out-Of-The-Box "Availability - Last Month" report in Orion Report Writer and the EXACT SAME report from the web (since that option is checked on the report writers OOB report...) I get two completely different values. And they're not close enough count this as a rounding error.

See my screen shot below. This is the same server that shows in the exact same reports. One via the report writer and another via the web. Nothing at all has changed been modified with these reports. The 92.73% is the correct percentage as I know this server was down for a significant amount of time this month, enough to definitely not average 98.99% availability for the month.

Availability - Report Writer

Availability - Web Based

I can view the SQL query being executed on the Report Writer report and the table that its referencing is the ResponseTime.Availability table. Unfortunately the web based version of this report does not allow me to view the SQL query being executed, but since its available in the web console specifically because it's made to be available from the report writer, they should both be making queries to the same table, or so I thought.

SELECT CONVERT(DateTime,

LTRIM(MONTH(DateTime)) + '/01/' + LTRIM(YEAR(DateTime)),

101) AS SummaryMonth,

Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID,

Nodes.VendorIcon AS Vendor_Icon,

Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,

Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address,

AVG(ResponseTime.Availability) AS AVERAGE_of_Availability

FROM

Nodes INNER JOIN ResponseTime ON (Nodes.NodeID = ResponseTime.NodeID)

WHERE

( DateTime BETWEEN 37954 AND 37983 )

GROUP BY CONVERT(DateTime, LTRIM(MONTH(DateTime)) + '/01/' + LTRIM(YEAR(DateTime)), 101),

Nodes.NodeID, Nodes.VendorIcon, Nodes.Caption, Nodes.IP_Address

ORDER BY SummaryMonth ASC, 4 ASC

aLTeReGo

Raul Gonzalez

Hi Prashant

can you make sure you don't have any limitation assigned to your account please? You can check this on Settings-> All Settings-> Manage Accounts. Find your account and check if there is any limitation applied.

Raul Gonzalez

Prosperon - UK SolarWinds Partners

Installation | Consultancy | Training | Licenses

facebook_icon.jpglinkedin.pngblogger.pngtwitter-icon.jpg