This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Send an alert when an interface goes over 50% of it's BW capacity in a specific period

Hi again guys!

Now I have a question for this group, we re receiving alerts in Solarwinds when an interface utilization reaches out more than 3Gbps (Possible or potential DDOS emoticons_sad.png ).

However, my boss wants it not to be that of an exact number, like in a percentage.

Say for example instead of sending alerts when an interface utilizes 3Gbps above, he wants Solarwinds to send alert if the interface goes like 50% of it's total BW say in 10 minutes.

By the way, the interface capacities differ on our devices.

Hopefully someone can teach me on this, my boss I don't know selected me to help with this but I am new to Solarwinds though I used it before. emoticons_sad.png

• I do not understand it very well, but you should know how much bandwidth is free for this intereface within its properties, in list resource and then, you can calculate exact bandwidth percentage, and configure the alerts, or configure It on the number of kbps received and sent. For if there is a temptation to invoke those received will increase greatly. Just average.

• There are two built-in alerts, "High Inbound Percent Utilization with Top Talkers" and "High Transmit Percent Utilization with Top Talkers" that you can adjust the thresholds to the levels you want.

We currently have our set to alert at 75% utilization for more than 10 minutes.

SWTopTalkers.PNG

• Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, I am not sure how to explain it.

But we want Solarwinds to send an alert whenever the monitored interface utilizes more than 50% of it's capacity or BW capacity.

• In alert you need Set interface name, e 1s option. and 2s Set the condition Interace  bandwidth more than 50%.

But You need see in this interface are configurat for  to Exact percentage