3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 12:37 PM by Parker Robinson

Output of all MAC addresses detected by User Device Tracker

vwoodson4

I need help! I am trying to alter a UDT report.

There was a default report entitled "Connected MACs" and the information for this report was taken from the User Device Tracker module. I am trying to use it but instead of it outputting the actual MAC addresses on each port, it outputs the number of MAC addresses that it sees on the port. Is there anyway that I can get this report to spit out the actual MAC Addresses and not just the number of MAC Addresses?

When I go to report writer, I see the option for that field as "Connected MACs" but it outputs in my report as "#Connected MACs". Any help is greatly appreciated!

See below.  Instead of the number 2 & the number 5, I want it to list the actual MAC addresses.

UDT-Report.jpg

• Re: Output of all MAC addresses detected by User Device Tracker
          Parker Robinson

No problem.  I just created and tested the following SWQL query.  Create a new report, choose "custom table", and for the datasource, choose "Advanced SWQL/SQL Query" from the drop down.  Select the SWQL radio button, and copy and paste the following query.

SELECT

m.NodeAccessPoint AS [NodeName]

, m.PortName AS [PortName]

, m.PortDescription AS [PortDescription]

, m.MacAddress AS [MACAddress]

FROM ORION.UDT.MACCurrentInformation m

GROUP BY m.NodeAccessPoint, m.PortName, m.PortDescription, m.MacAddress

Regards,

Parker Robinson

vwoodson4

Maybe I am not even in the correct place. I am using the Orion Report Writer on one of my servers. Is that where you are creating the report? I am asking because I do not see a "custom table" option anywhere after I click "New report."

Parker Robinson

You may be on an older version of UDT.  The SolarWinds reports were integrated with the web console awhile back.  I was referring to creating a new report in the web, and not the legacy Report Writer program.  Upgrade to the latest version of UDT(and other modules you may own) at your earliest convenience.  If you don't have the time, we @ Loop1 would be happy to help.

What version of UDT are you currently on?  Go to Customize Page on your UDT summary page, and see if there is a web resource called "Custom Query".  If so, you can paste this query into it by clicking on Edit on that Custom Query resource after you've added it to the page. 

Regards,

Parker Robinson