This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CPU Load Reporting / Alerting

Hello,

I'm wondering if I can seek some clarification on my understanding on the below, in regards to multi-core CPU

Alerts:

I have an alert setup to trigger when the critical CPU load threshold is breached. I can see some cores on a CPU have over my critical threshold but no alert. So, I assume the alert trigger looks as the average of all cores as a variable, which leads me onto an associated Report:

Where a report that pulls Peak CPU Load as a column, does this pull the Peak 'average' of all cores or does it pull the peak usage of any individual core for any particular CPU in a node?

• Interesting, I seem to be having the opposite issue. In my systems mostly VM's if any of my vCPU's/cores go over the threshold the alert triggers and I am trying to figure out how to get this to fire on Average CPU load.