I have tried multiple times the following process:
- Download the sample file for importing groups/subnets/supernets into IPAM
- Remove unnecessary columns, leaving only the following columns: Address/CIDR, Type, Display Name, Description, Mask
- 8 rows - a /16 split up into 8 /19's.
- Import Spreadsheet option in IPAM
- Select Groups/Supernets/Subnets
- Select "IPAM will automatically create subnet hierarchy based on information provided." (although if i pick the other option, there is no change in the result)
- It says it successfully imported 8 rows
When i open up the /16 supernet that already existed, expected to see my eight /19's, I only see 5 of them. The .64.0/16, the .128.0/16, and the .224.0/16 are missing, nowhere to be found.
Does anybody have any idea what's going on here, why is IPAM not importing some supernets?
This is IPAM version 4.0
UPDATE: I tried deleting the pre-existing /16 supernet, and re-importing the spreadsheet, this time with a 9th row that included the /16, so the spreadsheet had a /16, and then 8 /19's that make up that /16. When i imported, it said successfully imported 9 rows, but now all 9 of them are gone. Can't find them anywhere in IPAM.