This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Change node resources on multiple nodes

Hello all,

I have a request to change the the resources that will be monitored on 1000 Windows nodes. Right now we have some standard resources that are monitored(those with red line). We would like to remove them and to keep just “Topology: Layer3” and “Asset Inventory”.

How can I do this from Powershell or from SQL?

Any idea is welcomedresources.PNG

• I don't think is a feature for removing elements from a select number of devices, but a work around might be:

From the Manage Node screen change 'Show Node' to Interface.

Change_1.PNG

Then you can set the 'Group by:' to Vendor, and select the Windows group. This is going to list ALL the interfaces associated with any of your Windows devices.

NOTE - If you only want to do this for a select amount of servers you could add a Custom Property to the 100 Nodes first and use that in the Group by box.

Next, you can select ALL the interfaces you want to remove based on the Node it is attached to and DELETE them. This will remove them from the system.

After that you would run a Network Sonar Discovery on the 1000 Windows servers and at the end of the discovery when you goto the Import process there will be an 'Interfaces' section you will be able to simply select just the standard resources that you mentioned in your post.

Hope that helps you emoticons_wink.png Let me know if you get stuck I can try and provide some extra screenshots.

Cheers

David