This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to require a document on service request or have it be part of ticket?

Have version 12.3 would like to know if possible to require it as a feature request in custom field or to have when the choose a request type to it would be part of the ticket they fill out? We added it to the FAQ but people tend to skip FAQ and just fill out request.

• Not sure exactly what you're looking for here....

if you're asking:  

• Can you require users submitting tickets to add an attachment?       
      • No.
    • Can you allow users submitting tickets to add an attachment?
      • Yes

One thing that might be of interest if people are not reading the FAQs is the "Instructions" field that can be defined within each Request Type.   That can present some information right inline when someone is putting in a ticket, like this:

lorem.png

You can edit any Request Type and if you put some information in the Instructions box, it will show in a green box when end-users go to put in that type of ticket.

Did any of that help to answer your question?

• Yes the main question being can you require an attachment for a request and you answered NO. Have other people asked about this?

We did do as you suggested put in request details and on FAQ but we were hoping to require it on the request itself. Thanks for the quick response.

• I think the closest you could get is that you could create a Ticket Custom Field and make it required for Clients - something like a Single Choice custom field named "I have attached my document" with Yes/No  options:

i have attached.png

Here's how i defined it:

i have attached2.png

Then you could assign that custom field to one (or more) Request Types.  It doesn't quite force them to have an attachment, but it does force them to lie if they haven't (which, hopefully, most people won't do).   emoticons_happy.png

• Heh...  i guess it doesn't make sense to have the "No" option on that custom field... but you can have a Single Choice option with only one option.   They'd still have to click that circle to indicate Yes.   emoticons_happy.png

• that might work

question Did you fill out the the form xxxx? YES or NO and make it required

Might test that and see if that helps. Thanks!!!!!