3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 10:01 AM by Adam Stephen

Separate enable logon

andrew_mcdougall

Hi

We use tacacs for logging into our brocade switches but the enable username/password is local authentication.  I may be missing something obvious but where can I set a different enable username?

thanks

• Re: Separate enable logon
          Adam Stephen

Andrew,

Have you created a separate connect profile to separate the enable if it is need.  Also if tacacs is working does it bypass the enable when tacacs works?

Regards,

amstephen87

andrew_mcdougall

I have created a second, separate, connection profile but I don;t see how to change the settings so that it uses the first connection (tacacs) for the initial switch login and then the second (local) to elevate to enable mode

tacacs works fine to log into the switch - I just need it to change username when elevating to Enable as currently it keeps trying to use the tacacs username when changing to enable mode

Adam Stephen

Andrew,

NCM does support a whole second set with use name and password but the enable password could be entered afterwards to the primary login as you have noticed.  Is it something where you might have the user from tacacs by pass the need for a second username and only use an enable password?

1 of 1 people found this helpful