12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2017 10:35 PM by mesverrum

Custom Report

tariq.ghouri

I want to create a report showing the analysis that how many VMs are created in each month ? and which VMs are they ? since beginning.

• Re: Custom Report
          p.darila

Hi,

We already have such report. It's name is Newly Added VMs. You can open it, select time interval (in my examle 'This Year') and click on Edit Table.

Here you can edit report as you want. In example:

reportSet.pngreportPrev.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              tariq.ghouri

Hi Darila

Thanks for your precious reply, i am unable to find the window as shown in the figure, may be due to change of version. The exact version of SW Virtualization Manager which i am using is 7.0.0.1367.

p.darila

Hi,

your version 7.0.0.1367 is version of VMAN Appliance. My example was created in VIM (in Orion). That is the reason why you didn't find these screens.

Did you consider installation of Orion VIM and then integration with VMAN? (There will be only quick synchronization in Orion and VMAN will be automatically sending data to Orion). Orion offers you some nice features, like Recommendations, Reporting easy to modify and so on...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      tariq.ghouri

Its deployed in a critical production environment so can't go for up-gradation that easily and quickly. Highly appreciate if you could suggest any solution/Workaround in the current scenario.

Regards.

mprobus

You can create a Top-N widget in VMAN, querying on vm.internal.dateCreated.  This is not the actual creation date, but the date that it was added to VMAN.  So, all servers that were existing when you installed VMAN will report as the date VMAN was stood up.  Ongoing, all VMs will report the date they were created assuming you are polling for inventory at least once a day.

tariq.ghouri

Dear mprobus,

Thanks for your reply, i already went through that option but i want the actual creation date of the VM in Hyper V.

Regards,

tariq.ghouri

Still No Clue From Anyone :-(

p.darila

I'm affraid that VMAN doesn't collect this date.

mprobus gave you the best way, however it depends how long you are collecting your environment by VMAN.

mprobus

You're only other option would be to build a template in SAM to bring back the install date via powershell.

([WMI]'').ConvertToDateTime((Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem).InstallDate)

tariq.ghouri

Hi mprobus,

Thank you for your workaround, could you please elaborate the procedure to perform this task as i am a newbie.

Regards,

mprobus

I have attempted multiple ways to get the script to work, but have been unsuccessful.  I unfortunately am not well versed in Powershell, not to metion getting it to run inside of SAM.  So, hopefully some of the more experiences thwackers on here can help.  If not, I will continue to research.

In general, to set it up, you would build an application template inside of SAM by adding in a powershell component monitor.  You would then have to assign the template to all of your machines and report against the output.

A couple of things to note.

- The obvious one is that it will only work for Windows.  I'm assuming Linux has an OID to provide the information, but I don't know what that would be.

- WINRM has to be enabled on the remote hosts to get it to run.  Without knowing your environment, the logistics of this may be unreasonable.