5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 10:49 AM by George S

High Memory Utilization

jeffreyc

Has anybody noticed high memory utilization after upgrading from 12.0 to 12.1 NPM.   Mine is pegged at near 100%  Currently running 16GB Physical. This is on a VM Windows Server 2012

• Re: High Memory Utilization
          rschroeder

If your System Administrator (or you) can't identify the problem, and if a reboot doesn't resolve it, I wouldn't wait for Thwack folks to get back to you with an answer or their experiences, I'd call Solarwinds Tech Support and get a case started. 

That way someone's working on it for you immediately, while the Thwack group may take a day or a month to get back to you with their experiences.

For example, I've not upgraded to 12.1 yet, preferring to see how others' experiences go.  You're a perfect case in point, and I'll be watching this thread to learn what you discover is running your CPU so high.  Here's hoping others have your answer, or at least will report their 12.1 CPU utilization for your comparison.

simon.macpherson

We have a similar issue.

Used physical memory is at 96%.

Solarwinds.InformationService.ServiceV3.exe process consuming around 4-4.5GB.

Solarwinds.Collector.Service.exe process consuming around 2GB.

Version: NPM 12.1.0.1010

Windows Server 2008 R2

12.0 GB RAM

We are unable to access the web service during this period of high utilization - Unexpected Website Error: Request timed out.

Unfortunately, I don't have a pre-12.1.0.1010 memory baseline.

George S

I upgraded to 12.1 last week.... my memory utilization is more or less static. (64-65%)

Virtual machine

2012 64-bit

16 GB RAM

HOST = ESXi V 6.0