6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 9:46 AM by dmvrtisjr

Virtualization_TabMenu not available in Menu Bars settings

dmvrtisjr

I've been trying to figure out why the Virtualization_TabMenu menu bar is not available in my NPM settings. The menu bar does not show up in my list of menu bars, but when I go to create a menu bar with that name I get an error that states "Menu with this name already exists".

I've opened up the SolarWinds Database Manager and found the "MenuBars" table, and there is a menu item in that table labeled "Virtualization_TabMenu", but I don't know much about databases so I don't know how that correlates to actually making that specific menu bar available in the Orion web interface.

All that I want to do is to make the Virtualization_TabMenu available for use in my menu's.

Any light that can be shed on this situation would be very much appreciated!!!

• Re: Virtualization_TabMenu not available in Menu Bars settings
          sean.martinez

The Virtualization tab turns on when you Connect the Virtualization Manager product to the Orion Web Console (Settings> Virtualization Settings> Setup Virtualization Manager integration). If you are only using the built in Virtualization with Network Performance Monitor, the Virtualization link under Home tab.

dmvrtisjr

Thank you for the reply. I saw that in another thread, however we use two separate instances of SolarWinds with the NPM, NCM, UDT, and IPAM modules. Neither of these instances has Virtualization Manager installed. One of our instances has the Virtualization Tab Menu, the other instance does not. If I do not have VMAN on either instance, then how do I have the menu on one and not the other? We've never had VMAN, and both instances use the same modules and licenses. The ONLY difference in licensing is that one instance has a NCM200 license, and the other has a NCM500 license.

I understand that it may be that you're only supposed to have that menu if you have VMAN, however we do not have that product and still have the menu on one instance, and we'd really like to have that menu on the other instance. I know it's kind of a small detail, but we like the menu option and figured if we have it on one, we should be able to have it on the other! lol

neomatrix1217

First got to admin and check customize menu bars and see if virtualization is there

menu.PNG

then go to user accounts manage accounts and open the account you are logged in as and check the home tab menu bar  Capture.PNG

dmvrtisjr

Thank you to everyone for chipping in. I'm going to chalk this up to some error where it shouldn't even be displayed in the first place. Having the link wasn't that big of a deal in the first place, I was just trying to get the menus to match up between my two systems. Thanks again for your time and advice!