This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Embedding IP SLA graphs in new view?

I've got some IP SLA probes being monitored by SolarWinds that I had to add manually (udp-jitter).  I'd like to embed the packet loss, jitter, latency, and availability graphs from these operations into a new view.  Something like:

VOIP Monitor page

<operation A packet loss>
<operaiton B packet loss>

<operation C packet loss>

Based on the features I can search by it doesn't seem like there is a way to grab that specific information and put it on a page.  Am I missing something, or would a custom graph work for this purpose? The goal is to not have to open each operation to review this information, and have it all in one place for easy review.

• Yes, this can easily be done with the "Custom Object Resource".  I tested it in our environment and did the following: 

1. Created a new "IP SLA Summary" view.
    2. Added a "Custom Object Resource" to the page.  Then clicked on "Preview".
    3. Clicked on "Edit" or "Configure this Resource" that appears on the "Custom Object Resource"
    4. There, you can select "IP SLA Operations" for the Object Type, choose the IP SLA Operation(s) you want, and select "Packet Loss..." for the Object Resource. 

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Let us know if this worked out for you.  I hope it helped!

Regards,

Parker Robinson

• So that worked, but for some reason the IP SLA Summary views I'm creating do not show up when I'm trying to add them to a menu bar.  I have to add them manually by linking to the view ID.  Kind of lame, but the VNQM module doesn't get a lot of attention so a little extra manual work isn't too outrageous.

Thanks!