7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 9:31 AM by kellytice

Can Patchmanager send user defined Infomails?

sz-a

Hello,

I'm wondering, if/how it is possible to let Patchmanager send user defined info mails if a special trigger is reached.

I check monthly multiple times, if there are new versions adobe software and other is available. But most times if there is a new one and i download it patchmanager doesn't have the package already.

Now there seem to be 2 possibilities for me:

1.) Create new package on my own (with a high risk to generate errors to the package or breaking the update chain / superseding chain)

2.) Wait until thew packages are available by solarwinds.

How can I force patchmanager to generate an info mail if there are new packages are available after catalog synchronization which contains specific products or name?
      For example "Generate a mail, if update catalog synchronization contains at least 1 new package which has a title containing 'flash'."

Thanks

• Re: Can Patchmanager send user defined Infomails?
          dang

Under the Synchronization Settings, there is an option for SolarWinds to send you an e-mail

Administration and Reporting ---->Software Publishing then on the right hand side, there's the Synchronization Settings, it's in there.

sz-a

Thank you. But sorry that is not what I want. I have already configured this. But the report only contains Counters so I have to login to patchmanager console and manually check which packages are new.

I only need an infomail if specific packages are new.

kellytice

That's not an option, though you can have it send you a mail when any new 3rd packages are pulled down as dang  noted.  

The only solution i can propose would be to setup a rule on your email server/client to send those notification e-mails to a particular subfolder unless they contain "Flash" or whatever else you want to define.

sz-a

kellytice schrieb:

The only solution i can propose would be to setup a rule on your email server/client to send those notification e-mails to a particular subfolder unless they contain "Flash" or whatever else you want to define.

And how I have to do this? The Report doesn't contain any package names (only if a package is classified as Security or Critical Package)

----------------

For example the mail from 03.03.2017 contains:

Patch Manager Server (xxxx) has synchronized 5 catalogs from Patch Manager Update..

• 1 new packages
                      • 2 revised packages
                      • 0 expired packages

New or Revised Security Packages included: 1 including Foxit Enterprise Reader (Upgrade);

New or Revised Critical Packages included: None

---------------

And the one from 26.02.2017 contains:

Patch Manager Server (xxxx) has synchronized 5 catalogs from Patch Manager Update..

• 4 new packages
                      • 2 revised packages
                      • 0 expired packages

New or Revised Security Packages included: None

----------------

What packages are new in the second mail?

After all I checked the Flash Packages - they seem to be only classified as Security or Critical - so I will try the option to filter on Content.

kellytice

Ah, apologies.  I was basing that on the test mail i got back:

Patch Manager Update Services

Patch Manager Server (PM-AUS-SSPM-01) has synchronized 9 catalogs from Patch Manager Update..

• 8 new packages
                              • 0 revised packages
                              • 0 expired packages

New or Revised Security Packages included: 8 including Flash ActiveX; Flash Plugin; Flash Plugin (Upgrade); Flash ActiveX (Upgrade);

i (perhaps mistakenly) thought that those mails would typically list the products involved.   :\

frgpugs

I have commented to subscribe on the newest patch information thread here in the forum and when they update it I get an email notification and can see right there what they updated.  Closest thing I can find to what you want

Here is the forum post

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-167089#start=200

1 of 1 people found this helpful