1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 2:13 PM by mr.e

NPM RC3 trap/syslog view'er

bps

hy, I have tested the RC3 (12.1) and it look quite nice, there are some super-impovements. But one thing I really I do not understand: since you do not implement in this version the trap/syslog'er to WEB at lease you could have implemented e posibility to set a ALERT (into the webfrontend) out of the trap-viewer oder syslog-viewer as "Alert Action". if this would be possible, it would help a lot....

perfstack-analyses is grate, installation run perfekt as usually (a RC test Licence as already discussed here on thwack would be grate)

regards Pascal

• Re: NPM RC3 trap/syslog view'er
          mr.e

I am also quite excited about PerfStack.  It looks very good, especially for a first release.

However, I too wonder why we still have not seen any work on the syslog alerts and traps.  Also, I had hoped that the UNMANAGE and MUTE of alerts would finally include syslog alerts and traps.  I know this is something these (and other improvements) been requested by by myself and other Thwakers for at least 8 years now.  So, why are Syslog and Trap Viewer not getting the "love they need"?