4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 7:37 AM by ebender

Assign View Type through SDK

ebender

Is it possible to assign a View Type to a node through the SDK?

I have a script that will add the node for monitoring, assign UnDP, set custom properties, assign a new caption, set node poll interval, etc., but I can't seem to find a way to assign a View Type to a node through the SDK.

• Re: Assign View Type through SDK
          tdanner

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. How would you do the same task through the UI?

ebender

On the Edit Node Properties page, there's a drop-down menu to assign View Type:

From there, I can pick a specific view for that particular node.

tdanner

This is in the Orion.NodeSettings entity with a SettingName of "ViewId" and a SettingValue equal to the desired ViewID. A View Type of "(default)" corresponds to no setting. You can look up the ViewID values by querying Orion.Views.

Newly-created nodes will have no value in Orion.NodeSettings, so you can just create an instance to set the ViewID. In PowerShell, that would look like this:

$swis = Connect-Swis ...

$nodeid = 11

$viewid = 57

New-SwisObject $swis Orion.NodeSettings @{NodeID=$nodeid;SettingName='ViewId';SettingValue=$viewid}

If you want to set/change the ViewId for an existing node that might already have one set, you need to remove any previous setting first. You can do that like this:

Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT Uri FROM Orion.NodeSettings WHERE NodeID=$nodeid AND SettingName='ViewId'" | Remove-SwisObject $swis