1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2017 11:22 AM by equalswql

Can't get status icons to show in custom query

sotherls

This one has me perplexed...

Using NPM 12.0.1

I created a custom query to show me the down nodes and broke out the downtime to show Days, Hours and Minutes but I can't get the bloody status icon to show. It simply disappears from the resource. I tested to make sure that I can actually see the icon by cutting and pasting from the code into my browser and I see it, just not in the resource.

Here is my code:

SELECT

'/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + Nodes.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_NodeName]

,Nodes.Caption, Nodes.IP_Address,

MAX(E.EventTime) AS DownTime,

Concat(DayDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate())) + ' Day(s), ' +  concat((MinuteDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) - (DayDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) * 1440))/60) + ' Hour(s), ' + substring(tostring(round((((MinuteDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) - (DayDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) * 1440))/60.0 -(MinuteDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) - (DayDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) * 1440))/60)*60),0)),1,2) + ' Min(s)'

as Duration

FROM Orion.Nodes as Nodes

INNER JOIN Orion.Events E ON E.NetworkNode = Nodes.NodeID

WHERE (Nodes.status = 2)

GROUP BY Nodes.Caption, Nodes.NodeID, Nodes.IP_Address, Nodes.Status, nodes.GroupStatus

ORDER BY Nodes.Caption

Here is the output in Custom Query:

Capture.png

Here is the output from SDK:

Capture2.PNG

• Re: Can't get status icons to show in custom query
          equalswql

Hello sotherls,

Here is one way of doing it - just insert a blank column using : '' as n

(you can name this whatever you want, I used n to keep it short), then use point the icon to that column:

'/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + tostring(Nodes.StatusIcon)  AS [_IconFor_n]

Here is with that added to what you already had:

SELECT

'' as n,

'/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + tostring(Nodes.StatusIcon)  AS [_IconFor_n]

,Nodes.Caption,

Nodes.IP_Address,

MAX(E.EventTime) AS DownTime,

Concat(DayDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate())) + ' Day(s), ' +  concat((MinuteDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) - (DayDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) * 1440))/60) + ' Hour(s), ' + substring(tostring(round((((MinuteDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) - (DayDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) * 1440))/60.0 -(MinuteDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) - (DayDiff(MAX(E.EventTime),getdate()) * 1440))/60)*60),0)),1,2) + ' Min(s)'

as Duration

FROM Orion.Nodes as Nodes

INNER JOIN Orion.Events E ON E.NetworkNode = Nodes.NodeID

WHERE (Nodes.status = 2)

GROUP BY Nodes.Caption, Nodes.NodeID, Nodes.IP_Address, Nodes.Status, nodes.GroupStatus

ORDER BY Nodes.Caption

Hope this helps,

=swql