This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cannot get remote powershell working on Windows 2016

I have a application template that executes a powershell script. This script runs fine on Windows 2012 R2, but I cannot get the script (or any script for that matter) to execute on a Windows 2016 server. It just comes back with "Not Defined".

Digging more into it, it appears to be having a problem with winrm, I'm seeing the following error:

PowerShell script error. Connecting to remote server ServersIPAddress failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. Default authentication may be used with an IP address under the following conditions: the transport is HTTPS or the destination is in the TrustedHosts list, and explicit credentials are provided. Use winrm.cmd to configure TrustedHosts. Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated.

I've tried adding the SAM server to the Trusted Hosts, which did not work. I tried securing the WinRM with SSL, which also did not work. The SSL issue I think had more to do with the common name on the certificate being set to the FQDN of the server (as required by WinRM) and SolarWinds trying to use the IP. With that I changed the name of the server in SolarWinds to the FQDN, and told it was DHCP to try to force it to use the host name (which I verified was resolvable from the SAM box), no go.

The Windows 2016 server is on a different domain than the SolarWinds boxes, but again, so is my 2102 R2 server and that works fine, communication is open and this should be working.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I'm at my wits end with this one.