4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 7:16 PM by cgregors

Active Alerts - Creating a duplicated view

timt

Hi,

I am in need of creating an exact duplicate "Active Alerts View", but also need to filter the alerts to specific type of alerts.  This is because the View Limitation can not filter by Specific Alerts, and I can't use the Accounts alerts limitation category because everyone logs into the same group.

Short story, I found a SWQL query here for it, but I can't seem to find the "Active Time".. any ideas where this is located, or how I can get Active Time to display as in Active Alerts View?

SELECT 

o.AlertConfigurations.Name AS [ALERT NAME] 

,'/Orion/NetPerfMon/ActiveAlertDetails.aspx?NetObject=AAT:' + ToString(o.AlertObjectID) AS [_LinkFor_ALERT NAME]

,o.AlertActive.TriggeredMessage AS [ALERT MESSAGE] 

,o.EntityCaption AS [ALERT OBJECT] 

,o.EntityDetailsURL AS [_LinkFor_ALERT OBJECT]

,ToLocal(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime) AS [ALERT TRIGGER TIME]  

,o.RelatedNodeCaption AS [RELATED NODE] 

,o.RelatedNodeDetailsURL AS [_LinkFor_RELATED NODE] 

FROM Orion.AlertObjects o 

WHERE o.AlertActive.TriggeredMessage <> '' and o.AlertConfigurations.Name = 'Critical'

A bonus, anyone knows how to add the icons or color as well?

• Re: Active Alerts - Creating a duplicated view
          tdanner

"Active Time" is not an explicit property on the alert - it's just the time that has passed since it was triggered. In the real Active Alerts View, this is computed and formatted in code. Since you are working in the Custom Query Resource, you don't have that option and will have to do the best you can in SWQL. Here's one way to do that:

CASE WHEN o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE (

TOSTRING(FLOOR(MINUTEDIFF(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())/60.0)) + 'h ' +

TOSTRING(MINUTEDIFF(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())%60) + 'm'

) END AS [ACTIVE TIME]

This is not as fancy as the real one - it will show "0h 5m" for an alert that triggered 5 minutes ago instead of just "5m" like the real one. Likewise it will show "51h 5m" instead of "2d 3h 5m" for an alert that triggered a little over 2 days ago. But hopefully it is good enough for your purposes.

Custom Query Resource doesn't really give you enough control to do the conditional icons and colors.

timt

Getting an error mismatch input form case...  is this correct?  Thanks in advance!

SELECT 

,'/Orion/NetPerfMon/ActiveAlertDetails.aspx?NetObject=AAT:' + ToString(o.AlertObjectID) AS [_LinkFor_ALERT NAME]

,ToLocal(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime) AS [ACTIVE TIME]

CASE WHEN o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE (

TOSTRING(FLOOR(MINUTEDIFF(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())/60.0)) + 'h ' +

) END AS [ACTIVE TIME]

WHERE o.AlertActive.TriggeredMessage <> '' and o.AlertConfigurations.Name = 'Critical'

timt

I got it, thanks!

SELECT 

,CASE WHEN o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE (

) END AS [ACTIVE TIME]

cgregors

Check my post on this thread.

Filtering out events from "Last XX Events" and "Last XX Audit Events" reports

I managed to recreate the Event block including icons and colors.